Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Conversations Between Gil and Cal

Gil: Hey Cal
Cal: Hi Gil, what’s up? How was your weekend?
Gil: Pretty good. We went up to Vermont to Chuck’s summer house.
Cal: That place sucks.
Gil: No, actually it’s pretty awesome. Well, it WAS pretty awesome.
Cal: What do you mean, “WAS”?
Gil: Well, Chuck got really pissed at us because we got drunk and did donuts on his lawn.
Cal: You did donuts????? On his lawn????
Gil: Yeah, I know it was pretty stupid.
Cal: Well, I don’t know if it was stupid, but it sounds pretty weird.
Gil: Why weird? He has a huge green lawn that just kinda begs you to do donuts on it.
Cal: That’s really gross, Gil. I think you need help. Wait, how many of you were doing donuts?
Gil: Um, four of us I guess.
Cal: Together?
Gil: Yeah, we were all in one car.
Cal: Wait, so you did donuts in the car? Together?
Gil: Yeah, how else do you do donuts?
Cal: Um, I don’t know, Gil, I’ve never personally done donuts. So you drove the car on the lawn and then did donuts in the car?
Gil: Yup.
Cal: Let me ask you something. Did it feel good?
Gil: Yeah, it was really fun at the time. Until we got yelled at.
Cal: I guess I can understand him being mad. I would be pissed if I caught a bunch of guys doing donuts on my lawn. I mean, I’ve never even heard of something like that before.
Gil: You’ve never heard of anyone doing donuts?
Cal: No. Why, is it a common thing?
Gil: Well, yeah, we used to do it all the time as kids. We’d pick a guy we hated, get a bunch of guys and do donuts on his lawn. You know, so when he gets home he sees his lawn and it’s all fucked up.
Cal: As kids??? Wow, how have I never heard of this, it sounds amazing!
Gil: It’s really nothing special, it was just fun because it was such a big lawn and you didn’t have to worry about hitting anything.
Cal: Yeah, I have that problem a lot.
Gil: So anyway, what are you up to tonight? Cal. Cal? CAL!
Cal: What? Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about this girl I met last night.
Gil: Oh, I thought you were still thinking about doing donuts.
Cal: I was. There’s a huge field down the street, do you wanna get in your car, drive over there and do some?
Gil: Um, why not, that could be fun. I’ll go get the car.
Cal: Nice! I’ll go get the donuts!

No comments: