Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Conversations Between Gil and Cal

Gil: So I was watching Teen Wolf 2 the other day and I noticed something.
Cal: I didn’t watch Teen Wolf yesterday.
Gil: No, I know, I didn’t say you did.
Cal: You said “I was watching Teen Wolf, too, the other day…”
Gil: Yeah, Teen Wolf 2. Teen Wolf PART 2.
Cal: What do you mean “PART 2”?
Gil: What do you mean what do I mean. I mean the second Teen Wolf.
Cal: The second Teen Wolf?
Gil: Yes, the second Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf 2. Teen Wolf Part 2. What is so confusing here?
Cal: I don’t understand. They made Teen Wolf twice? Did someone remake the movie?
Gil: Ugh, no, it’s a sequel.
Cal: What’s a sequel?
Gil: You don’t know what a sequel is?
Cal: No, is it some kinda submarine?
Gil: Yes, Teen Wolf 2 is a type of submarine. That makes a lot of sense.
Cal: Hey, don’t get all bitchy. I’m not the one making up words.
Gil: I’m not making up words! Sequels are really common! Haven’t you ever seen Batman Returns?
Cal: Sure. With Christopher Walken, right?
Gil: Well, yeah, but he’s not really the main character. It was more a Michael Keaton, Danny Devito, Michelle Pheiffer vehicle.
Cal: Oh, I disagree. I think Walken’s character played a huge part in the plot. Without him, they never would have—
Gil: OK. Fine, Walken was important. But my point was Batman Returns was the sequel to Batman.
Cal: The sequel to a TV show?
Gil: NO! The sequel to the MOVIE Batman.
Cal: The one that came out in the 60s?
Gil: Jesus! No, the movie that came out in 1989.
Cal: I didn’t know a Batman movie came out in 1989.
Gil: What? It was one of the biggest movies of the 80s!
Cal: Well I don’t remember it.
Gil: So, you know every nuance of the plot of Batman Returns and you’ve never even heard of the original Batman?
Cal: The original Batman was in the 60s.
Gil: God dammit! I mean the 1989 Batman.
Cal: I didn’t know there was a 1989 Batman, and frankly, it sounds made up. Why would they name a movie 1989 Batman. Unless…ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it. It’s a “sequel!”
Gil: Oh my god. I’m leaving.

No comments: